Thursday, July 12, 2012

Tattoos, Tributes, & Thank You(s)

Upon reading another blog, the thought for this post popped in my head. I think it's time that all of my faithful readers read a post that didn't bring immediate tears and torment to their hearts. My true intentions were never to make you buy stock in Puffs, but to merely tell the world about our Wyatt. It is not true that every time we think of him we cry; in fact, its getting easier day by day to smile at the mention of his name (as I cry typing this ;) ). With all of that said, I would like to take this opportunity to share with you all some of the most precious gifts that were given to us in the wake of our loss. The gifts were not only heart felt and thoughtful, but are more than treasured...they were all tributes to Wyatt and to the great characters of the people who became not only the givers of gifts, but of hope and love in a time where it was much needed.

This bracelet was given to me by my sister. It matches Lyla's necklace and is a constant reminder of the nursery that we had prepared for our little boy as well as his "flight" into heaven. I have a picture of my angel baby and my Lyla girl inside the locket.

Approximately 7 ladies that I am honored to call my friends got together on this one and it was a very pleasant surprise. Being a military family, we have done a bit of moving in the past 8 years. This bracelet was given to me as a combined effort from friends I had met in Germany & South Carolina...some of whom I haven't seen in over 6 years, and some of whom I have rarely kept in touch with (I'm not the best at that). The girls are currently spread out across the world--most of the ladies didn't even know one another aside from being mutual friends of myself. Now that is the wonderful thing about technology and the power of love.

This necklace has become a permanent feature around my neck since the day it came in the mail. It's dainty and perfect. A lovely friend of mine put a lot of thought into this piece. The "W" of course for my Wyatt, the angel wing for his heavenly journey, and the tiny crystal stone to symbolize the birthstone (diamond) of the month in which he made his earthly appearance. With this necklace, he is close to my heart, and I love it.

The key chain above came as a nice surprise, just this week. A family that we are very fond of (met in SC) who are currently in England took the care and time to send Waylon and I each a key chain to keep close to us as a reminder of our little boy. Awesome.

Waylon has also received two other key chains which state "Father of an Angel" on them. He truly treasures them, so much so that he is scared to actually put them to their rightful use! ;)

A family that I simply knew from being a caregiver to one of their children were thoughtful enough to send us a box FULL of fresh breakfast foods with the intentions of providing us with a "warm" meal. How absolutely sweet.

Our boy is a star. No, really. A star was purchased for our Wyatt boy by a very sweet friend from "back home". We have framed the certificate and plan to hang it above his memory chest as soon as we get it all together. If ever we are brave enough to try to find it, we were also provided the coordinates of his exact star. So cool.

A canvas was painted in memory of our little guy. Waylon's Uncle and family were gracious enough to provide us with this beautiful piece that now hangs in our hallway. A little reminder of our angel baby is present in each room of our home and this one beautifully adds to the collection.


Now, with those posted, I don't want anyone who gave a gift that is not pictured to feel as though yours was in vain. We honestly appreciate EACH and every flower, stepping stone, picture, decorative item, piece of jewelry, and card that we received.

Onto the "Tattoo" portion of this post...

Those of you who know me, know that I have already had a few ink sessions. :) Each one of my tattoos holds special meaning and a special place in my heart. However, this one may hold the most meaning and be the most precious to me as of yet.
The airplane on the piece is an exact replica of the airplane that was present on Wyatt's gown--the only gown that he ever wore. I cannot explain my need for the tattoo, other than, to say that he will ALWAYS be with me.

And finally the Thank Yous:

Its simple. I want to thank each of you for reading my blog and sharing it with others. I am humbled when I see the stats on my Blogger account: 8,426 views-- and from so many different countries! I may never know all of the people who view this blog and who have read my baby's story, but to mention a sincere thank you to those of you who have taken the opportunity to "get to know" our Wyatt seems appropriate. So thank you to all who have read from the US, Russia, UK, Germany, Italy, and even Malaysia! My hope is that Wyatt's story will touch others and that this blog could also help anyone else who may find themselves in such a situation. I pray that by sharing Wyatt's story, I can provide an opening for faith, love, compassion, and the ability to never, ever, take anything for granted to all those who read. Much love.




1 comment:

  1. I almost forgot....thank you to anyone who has sent emails, texts, Fb messages, and who has called. Your efforts are not forgotten. They hold string in our hearts. :)

    ReplyDelete