Saturday, June 2, 2012

His Eyes

In my dreams we meet;
I hold him and he coos.
We gaze into each others eyes,
Each different shades of blue.

I feel the strong beats of his heart,
And stroke his warm, plump cheek.
I sing and rock him back and forth,
And not a tear does leak.

Visitors come bearing gifts and smiles
To hold the tender baby boy.
Daddy and sissy are happy and proud;
He is our newest bundle of joy

But when my slumber is over,
 its much to my surprise,
It was all a dream, of course, a dream...
 I never got to see his eyes.


2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to look into those big blue eyes one day. Missing my nephew always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's funny they are always blue when I think about them too. I remember asking Memes, when we were on our way home, What color she thought his eyes would be. He is always in my heart and on my mind.

    ReplyDelete