Thursday, September 27, 2012

Fly High, Baby Boy

As some of you may know, my aunt requested that a U.S. flag would be flown over the U.S. capitol in D.C. in honor of our Wyatt. The date was chosen at random, and the flag was in the air flapping away in the breeze on August 15, 2012.

Now, those of you that KNOW our family, know that we are a proud, patriotic family. We love each other and we love our country. Our baby boy will never get to do a lot of things, but there are things being done in his honor that some of us can only imagine being a part of. With that said, this amazing gesture was such a meaningful gift.

The flag arrived a few weeks ago, and I trembled as I took it and its accompanying papers out of the box and held it tightly against my chest. I inhaled deeply, and smiled as the thoughts of the flag flapping wonderfully in the air as millions of people glanced up at the ol' red. white, and blue poured into my mind. I cried as I realized that those people hadn't the slightest clue behind the importance of the flag on that particular day to a grieving family from a small town in Western Kentucky. But, oh, how special. My boy flew high and proud that day, I'm sure of it.

 
"This is to certify that the accompanying flag was flown over the United States Capitol on August 15, 2012. At the request of the Honorable Mitch McConnell, United States Senator, this flag was flown in memory of Wyatt Michael Forgey."

"This is to certify that the accompanying flag was flown over the United States Capitol on August, 15, 2012 for Wyatt Michael Forgey, son of Waylon and Krystal Forgey, brother to Lyla Forgey, silently born on April 25, 2012, at the request of Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell."





1 comment: